AVR Sony Unilink Interface
For information only - No support ! #
My Atmel AVR based Unilink interface #
Something about my own development for an Sony Unilink interface.
- Controller Atmel ATmega8 at 7,3728MHz (up to 16MHz)
- Some external components for signal converting
Possible ATmega8 PCB layout:
Simon Wood´s GNUnilink interface #
Many thanks to Simon Wood for his great support!
Some informations about the Unilink dongle.
- PIC16F628 at 10MHz
- RS232 input/output
What the dongle can do:
- emulate an CD or MD changer on a Sony radio with changer support
- set and display disc number (CD/MD: 0-14)
- set and displaytrack number (CD: 0-99, MD: 0-255)
- set and display track time
- set and display disc name in CD and MD mode (8 or 16 characters)
- set and display track name in MD mode (8 or 16 characters)
RS232 output on the following radio functions:
- CD/MD changer select/deselect
- Next/Previous disk and/or track
- Direct disk
- Shuffle, intro, repeat
GNUnilink homepage homepage by Simon Wood, developer of GNUnilink
Sophana´s GNUnilink page the most up-to-date GNUnilink page. Find new sourcecodes and improvements for Simons interface here.
This project is not endorsed by Sony.
Sony and Unilink are registered trademarks of Sony Corporation.